Welcome to our first Nutmeg Discussion Group! I am looking forward to hearing what you thought about October's feature book--Wildfire Run. Feel free to post your comments and thoughts about the book in the Review section of your entries. You can also look at other people's reviews and comment on them.
Because some readers' comments and questions might give you a clue as to what happens in later parts of the book, you might not want to look at other people's reviews if you don't want to spoil the ending! For those of you who finished the book, here are some questions to get you started. Answer some or all of them. Have fun with it!
1. Luke, Callie and Theo all have very different personalities. What would have happened if one of the three characters had not been in the story?
2. How would you feel if Secret Service agents came with you to school, lessons, sports practices, or friends' houses with you?
3. The theme of the nature of friendship runs throughout the story. What is the author trying to say about friendship?
4. Why does Lukeâ€™s father always say ˜make haste slowly" to Luke? Do you think that is good advice?
5. If you were president of the United States and had your own private vacation retreat, what would you want there?